Monday, August 28, 2017

Allergies Bad

            Well, today’s blog will likely be short, as my eyes are so irritated by pollen I’m having trouble focusing (we won’t even mention my nose). Really, allergies are one of the most frustrating and useless functions a body can have.

            I did do a bit of quick research on the function of allergies, and it confirmed what’s been bouncing around in my head. Allergies are, basically, the body reacting to something harmless as if it were a dreadful toxin. The theories about why we have allergies range from part of our immune system having nothing better to do (because what it was meant for is no longer necessary) to the idea that they’re fighting off minor toxins we aren’t aware of, and that some people’s immune systems handle better.

            Either way, the only results I’ve seen from allergies is making people miserable. I, myself, am ‘lucky’ enough to get hit by two allergy seasons – usually one timed perfectly (when I was in school) to interfere with exams and the other timed to make a wonderful first impression in the new school year (I mean, really, what kid doesn’t want to be leaking mucus their first week or two of school?).


            Surely there was some function that allergies served in the past, but really, we could do without them now. There are enough problems in the world without our bodies being hypochondriacs.





Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.



Also, make sure you check out my wife's blog and her website.


If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment