Monday, December 19, 2016

Keep on Rolling

            Continuing on last week’s theme of shovelling snow, I must now share an event from this past week.

            The night after I wrote my last blog post, we just happened to get a fairly heavy snowfall. Upon going out to shovel the driveway (this one also quite large), I made a discovery. This was perfect packing snow, the likes of which I hadn’t seen in years.

            For those of you less versed in snow, packing snow is snow that can easily be compressed into shapes – such as balls for throwing at people or to roll into snowmen. However, the important thing to know about packing snow is that it is much heavier than regular snow. So, while it is ideal for playing with, it is considerably more trouble to shovel – especially when there is a decent amount of is, like we had.

            So, I promptly experimented and discovered a new way to clear the snow from the driveway – by rolling snowballs. That’s right. Along with my wife and sister-in-law, I made snowballs and rolled the driveway clear.

            It wasn’t by any means perfect, but it was fun. The important part was that it got rid of the majority of the heavy snow, allowing the remainder to be cleared away with ease. Plus we ended up with an impromptu snow fort.


            So the next time you find yourself with a shovel full of heavy snow, try rolling your driveway instead. It could make your life easier and bring some fun to the dull task of shovelling the driveway.





Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.



Also, make sure you check out my wife's blog and her life coaching website.


If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment