Monday, February 22, 2016

Deadpool

            This week, my wife and I went to see the Deadpool movie. I mean, last year we made a Deadpool costume out of chainmaille, so how could we not?





            I have to say, the movie was great – although definitely not for children (there are a multitude of posts circulating the internet saying this, yet there are still some people who don’t listen). I like to think that says a lot coming from me as I tend towards the refined side of things while Deadpool is the crudest and most vulgar super(anti)hero I’m aware of.

            Yet, the character is fascinating and fun – frequently breaking the fourth wall – and, in his own way, charming and almost honorable.

            More than that, the movie carries a strong message about how it’s okay to be yourself, even if that self is kinda messed up. No matter how strange (or disfigured) someone is, there is still a place for them in this world.

            And yes, it is a love story, as advertised. Just one of the strangest love stories you’ve seen.


            So, if you’re not easily offended, it’s a movie worth seeing. If you are easily offended, well... if you think you can get past that, you’ll probably enjoy it. If you’re somewhere in the middle, you get the point. Go see Deadpool, it’s a fun movie.




Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.






If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment