Monday, February 01, 2016

Asylum

There is no escape.
I cannot get out.
My arms are bound to my sides.
I am trapped by my padded surroundings.
I feel warm and safe, but I cannot stay here.
I do not belong here.
There is no escape.
I must get out.
My life is not in here.
I must escape.
I must throw off the covers that bind me.
I must get out of bed.



Just a little poem I wrote the other morning. I don’t often write poetry, especially ones without rhyming.


Oh, and don’t read it from bottom to top. It defeats the purpose of this motivational poem.





Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.





If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

3 comments:

  1. So, have you managed to get yourself out of bed yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! Actually, I've been using the last two lines to get myself out of bed almost every morning since I wrote it.

      Delete
  2. So, have you managed to get yourself out of bed yet?

    ReplyDelete