Monday, June 02, 2014

Writer, Chainmailler... Roofer?

            You know what I shouldn't do on a Sunday before blogging? Roofing. Now there is a tiring job.

            One thing that always happens when renovating is the discovery of more tasks that need to be done. Roofing is one of the ones that holds up the rest of the work because there’s no point in repairing water damage if more water is going to be getting in.

            Having never roofed before, this was a new experience for me. I've been on roofs before and, luckily, I'm pretty good with heights – as long as I feel I have solid footing or I have something to hold on to. Working on a roof is just a bit more challenging because you need to be doing things with your hands while keeping yourself stable.

            My father-in-law, being the one with experience, did most of the work, of course. I was mostly holding shingles, keeping things stable and scampering up to and down from the roof (down is always harder than up, what’s with that?). I also now have a far better understanding of how shingles work, as well as far more respect for roofers. Seriously, have you seen the way they toss around bundles of shingles? I can barely drag one along the ground.


            Well, there’s more roofing to be done tomorrow (today, for those of you reading this), so I’d better head off. Who knows what heights I’ll have climbed to by next week?





Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.






If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog with us. Want to know more about best roofer houston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for writing such a nice blog.
    roofer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this article and found it quite informative.Thanks for helping me out... I will definitely get in touch with your blogs.
    Fort Smith roofer

    ReplyDelete