Monday, May 07, 2018

Heroes for CF

            It is once again May, and you know what that means? It’s Cystic Fibrosis awareness month! So here I am, doing my part to raise the awareness of Cystic Fibrosis.

            Now, the easiest way for me to do this is to just send you over here, to last year’spost, but that seems a bit repetitive. So, instead, I’ll give you an even briefer rundown on what Cystic Fibrosis is, and tell you what I’m doing to help fight it.

            CF is a genetic disease that causes a whole bunch of problems for the person who has it – primarily digestive and respiratory – that will almost always lead to death through persistent damage. Since research started, the life expectancy of someone with CF has grown from 6 months to up to 50 years – although the average is still in the upper 30s.

            Last year I helped out with running an event called D&D for CF – a 12 hour Dungeons & Dragons marathon to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis research. It was amazing! We raised over $4000 and everyone had a lot of fun. However, there was one part of out plan that fell through. Jeremy, the primary organizer of this event, has a daughter with CF who was supposed to attend the event, as she is the reason the event was being run in the first place. Unfortunately, her symptoms were acting up and she had to be rushed to the hospital the morning of the event. It was terribly sad – though oddly appropriate, as there was a room full of people fighting for her the whole day.

            This year, the marathon is back! We’ve renamed it to Heroes for CF, and on May 19th we’re going to have another full day of D&D, raising money to find a cure for this disease. I can’t tell you much about it, but I’m already confident it’ll be even more fun than last year – hopefully we’ll raise as much, too.

            If you want to join the fight against CF, but couldn’t sign up for the event or find someone who did that you could donate to, I suggest stopping by over here to donate through Avril’s Angels. Finding a cure for this disease is a great cause, and every little bit helps.


            Also tell your friends, or blog about it, because the more people who know about Cystic Fibrosis, the easier it’ll be to find a cure.




Check out my YouTube channel where I tell the stories of my D&D campaigns.

Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.




Also, make sure you check out my wife's blog and her website.


If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment