Monday, January 22, 2018

Writing Life

Sometimes the words go down one sentence at a time,
Sometimes they go in leaps and bounds.
Sometimes you drag the words from the depths of a chasm,
Sometimes you wonder where they’re coming from and if they’ll ever end.

But the words keep on coming.

There are times when the words are good,
There are times when the words are bad.
There are times when you think the words are the best you’ll ever write,
Only to come back later and hate them.

But the words keep on coming.

A time will come when you must read the words,
You must judge their merit and change them.
A time will come when you must destroy the words,
When you must give up on rearranging them.

But the words keep on coming.

After an eternity the words will be complete,
The pages filled and grammar thrice-checked.
After an eternity you can see the end,
At last, perhaps, you can rest.


But the words will keep on coming.






Check out my YouTube channel where I tell the stories of my D&D campaigns.

Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.



Also, make sure you check out my wife's blog and her website.


If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment