Monday, February 20, 2017

Lots of Crash

            This week, I witnessed my first ever collision. Well, sort of. Colleen and I had just parked outside the laundromat when we heard a loud bang from behind us. We spun in our seats to see that a collision had occurred just across the street – a car had been t-boned and had been spun off the road, luckily into the entrance of a parking lot and the striking car had fled the scene.

            Colleen immediately called it in to the police and, when they arrived, went across the street to see if we were needed as witnesses. Luckily there was an actual eye-witness who had remained at the scene. It was a complicated situation, though, because the driver who’d been hit (no injuries!) didn’t speak any English. It might have turned out to be quite a mess, except for one thing.

            The hit-and-run driver had left their licence plate behind.

            I had a good laugh when I found out about that. One of the first things I learned about collisions is that you stay at the scene until the police arrive.

            That was something very easy for the people involved in the three car fender-bender that followed to do, since the police were already right there.

            Seriously, what is it with humans? Why are people so interested in seeing a collision that they’ll cause one themselves?


            So, I went from never seeing a collision to seeing two in the same day, in almost exactly the same place. It’s a funny old world.





Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.



Also, make sure you check out my wife's blog and her life coaching website.


If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment