Monday, March 02, 2015

In Praise of The Ring Lord

            You know, I really must take a moment to praise the unsung heroes of Ringcrafts: the wonderful staff of The Ring Lord.

            When I first started making chainmaille, way back in 2005, I started off by making a shirt for the LARP I was in. For that first tedious shirt, my friends and I made our own rings by coiling wire and cutting each individual ring with tin snips. Needless to say, this was an exhausting and painful process.

            Then I was told about The Ring Lord – a company specializing in providing chainmaille materials. I've never made my own rings since. Thanks to them, I can focus on creating and I get to use a much larger variety of rings than I otherwise would. On top of that, my products are cheaper because I don’t need to charge for the time it would take me to make my own rings.

            The company also has great customer service. There were a few times when there were items missing from my order (possibly lost in transit) and not only did they sort it out promptly – they upped the quality of the packaging for future shipments. I haven’t had anything missing since. On top of that, they recently moved to Toronto, which is awesome because it’s far closer to home (a couple of my friends even work there now). I placed an order on Monday, it shipped out on Wednesday and arrived on Thursday. It was wonderful!

            So, anyway, The Ring Lord deserves a lot of credit. Without them, Ringcrafts would never have started and it would never have come as far as it has. Thank you, Ring Lord staff!


            (Oh, and they also made armour for The Hobbit. And some NASA project. So that’s cool.)





Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.






If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

2 comments: