Monday, May 12, 2014

Curse That Cursor

            Blink. Blink. Blink. That’s all that nasty cursor does. It just sits there and blinks. It’s no help at all. I sit here for ages, just watching it blink away when it’s supposed to have a beautiful stream of words flowing out from behind it.

            ...

            Okay, I’ll admit that it’s more of a jumpy, fragmented, frequently doubled back upon for corrections stream of words, but my point still stands. There are supposed to be words there and there are none. Couldn't the cursor be a little more helpful than this? Couldn't it do more than just sitting there, blinking?

            I know! It could be an inspiration coach. The word processor could sense when it is inactive and the cursor could morph into a dragon and fly around the screen, or start spewing writing advice, or, at the very least, fall over out of boredom. At the best, it could start writing all on its own.


           Hey, look! Words! I did it. I wrote a blog. Well done me.





Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.






If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the number of times I have felt the very same thing while trying to compose a sermon!! What an irritating, unhelpful curser! I'd be so grateful if the words would just appear of their own accord, but I think the dragon would be somewhat distracting; don't you? Cute blog post.

    ReplyDelete