Monday, December 30, 2013

2013

            Woohoo! I actually managed to make it through a whole year of blogging every week. I didn't think I could do it – just goes to show what you can accomplish when you try.

            It’s been a good year, too, on all fronts. In the writing world, I finished writing my fourth book (my best one yet) and, while I didn't break into the publishing industry I managed to do something (almost) better – I learned how the industry works. Now I can enter the new year armed with the tools and knowledge I gained this year and, with any luck, I’ll be landing an agent fairly early in the year.

            As for the chainmaille business, Ringcrafts, this was the year that was to determine if we should bother continuing with it – and the answer was yes! It’s supposed to take a new business five years to overcome their initial start-up expenses and start making a profit and we managed it in two. This means we can go into next year with far more confidence.

            In addition, we now know a lot more about shows – we know where our products sell the best, we’re better at finding shows to go to and we have a good idea of how well we can keep our products in stock. This means more shows and an even better year than this one was.


            I hope your year was as good as ours was and hope next year is even better! Thank you all for your support (be it of writing, chainmaille or both) and see you (well, type to you) in 2014. Happy New Year!




Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.



If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment