Monday, April 15, 2013

Moving Day!


            Ahhh, moving day! Yesterday was moving day for me, which is why this blog is coming out a little later than usual – sorry to anyone it confused. One thing I've decided, though, is if I want to really get into shape, I’ll become a mover.

            Nope, not happening. Never. My muscles say once was more than enough. They have also threatened to mutiny if I ever move into (or out of, in this case) an apartment building again. Particularly the top floor.

            I'm told that moving can be very stressful – it certainly was for Colleen – but I don’t see it myself. Perhaps that’s because everything I do, moving included, is rather abnormal. For one thing, I've technically been in the process for months, and I don’t mean just packing. You see, since it was my parents’ house we were moving into, Colleen and I have been bringing boxes over since our roommate confirmed he was buying a house with his fiancée. This, in my opinion, is a far more sensible way to move than the usual do-it-all-at-once method because you don’t need as many people and you spread all the work out over more time. Then there is only one trip with all the big furniture and you’re done! Time to unpack!

            Granted, not many people have this option available. I've only ever moved twice in my life (excluding when I was too young to remember) and it was either out of or into my parents’ house. The result being that I have always had the freedom to move at any pace that works.

            My parents are awesome, by the way. And I'm not just saying that because they read this blog – they really are! I mean, not only did they let us move back in, but they gave us two rooms instead of the one we were expecting! Plus they entirely fixed up the bedroom for us (okay, so we helped with that, but they didn't even ask us to). This is only one instance of their awesomeness (my friends were always jealous that I had the best parents ever), but this isn't a blog about them, so I’ll stop boring you.

            I think that’s about it for today. Moving has occurred. All is well. Time to finish unpacking then get back to work as usual. Moral of the story: always move in or out of your parents’ house (or don’t move at all).






Click here to find the charity anthology containing a couple of my short stories.



If there's any subject you'd like to see me ramble on about, feel free to leave a comment asking me to do so. Really, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment